Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Now is the time, for positive self-talk

Many of us are in crunch-time, finishing final papers and projects or getting ready for exams. I encourage you to be particularly aware of the way that you are talking to yourself. Seriously, you know what I mean.... do you catch yourself saying "there's no way I can get this done" or "I'm a lousy writer" or other negative statements? These kinds of statements can lead you down a road of negativity that will deplete your energy and focus when you need it most. If you hear yourself saying negative things... replace them with positive statements.

A few suggestions:

"I can do this, I just need to take one step at a time."

"I'm always stressed like this before a presentation, it just means that I'm focused."

"I'm a good writer, I've pushed past writer's block before."

You can be your own best encourager -- give it a try!

Cheering for you!
Harriet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
The Encouragement Lounge by Harriet L. Schwartz is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.