Thursday, March 25, 2010

Re-energize! Finding energy for the short-term

You know that feeling....out of gas. You are tired. And yet, you need to find more energy. You are on deadline, you have work you need to get done. How do you re-energize?

Here are a few things that work for me:

1. Take a short walk

2. Call a friend

3. Watch a half-hour or an hour of TV (this works best if it's a show that I really like, spending that time with characters I know is easy on the brain). This doesn't get me revved- up physically, but it has been a way that I can give my brain a break which then lets me gear up for one more evening work session.

4. Work out

5. Help someone else with their work

How about you? What helps you get that energy boost that you need to keep working?

You can do it!
Harriet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
The Encouragement Lounge by Harriet L. Schwartz is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.