Monday, April 20, 2009

that thing you don't want to do

You know that thing you don't want to do... perhaps it is compiling your reference list, or reading the longest article on your list, or whatever? Regardless of what task it is that you are dreading... you probably keep putting it off. You tell yourself you'll get to it tonight after you finish your other reading... and then another day goes by and you don't finish it.

My most effective strategy for dealing with the dreaded tasks, is to write them in my planner, just as I would a meeting or other appointment. Then somehow, when I get to that time, and I see that this task is what I have scheduled, I feel more compelled to do it. AND, what a good feeling to get it done!


cheers
Harriet


photo by Harriet L. Schwartz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
The Encouragement Lounge by Harriet L. Schwartz is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.