Friday, December 4, 2009

Finish Strong -- ending the semester with gusto! Strategy Two - Positive Self Talk

In these final days of the semester do you find yourself engaging in negative self talk? You know, "I"ll never get this done," or "I don't belong in this program, I can't do this." If so, give yourself a timeout and intentionally engage in positive self talk, even for just a few minutes. Changing these messages you give yourself is a valuable skill that will serve you here at the end of the term and well beyond.

"I can do this."
"I've done well on my other papers, I will do well on this one."
"I am a much better writer than when I started this program."
"This presentation will be a success."

You can do it!
Harriet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
The Encouragement Lounge by Harriet L. Schwartz is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.