Saturday, December 5, 2009

Finish Strong -- Strategy Three - Back up your work

I know I've said this before, but I'll say it again here -- be sure to back up your work. I'm repeating it this weekend because this is a time of year when some folks just want to be done and rush at the end, occasionally losing work. So when you finish that paper or powerpoint or whatever:

1. save it carefully (know where you've saved it, etc.)
2. back it up.... if nothing else, email it to yourself
3. use any other back up systems you have (stationary back-up drive, jump or thumb drive, etc.)

Sometimes as we are finishing, we rush. I'm encouraging you to slow down and be careful so you don't lose any work.

Cheering you on!
Harriet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
The Encouragement Lounge by Harriet L. Schwartz is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.