Friday, August 27, 2010

Overwhelmed? One thing at a time.

Ok, so you have made your list.... now what? Select one item on your list and get started. That sounds obvious too, but how many times have you continued to sit and think about all you have to get done, instead of doing it.

If you are feeling anxious, pick the easiest thing on the list. If you are feeling a bit more confident, pick something that looks more difficult. Heck -- just pick something that looks fun or interesting! Whatever, pick one thing and get started.

Once you have begun your work, the secret is to focus on that one thing. I know, I have in the past, started working, and then started daydreaming about everything else I have to do -- pretty soon I'm so stressed about my long to-do list, that I'm not working on the one thing in front of me. Working on the one thing, is the secret.

Here's the deal... if you get one thing done, you will have momentum. You will see that you CAN do the work. It gives you energy and confidence to move forward and then pretty soon, you have two things done. And so on.

Ok, one step at a time! You can do this!

Harriet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
The Encouragement Lounge by Harriet L. Schwartz is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.