Wednesday, May 6, 2009

When the kitchen gets too hot, you may have to move to the living room

Ok, I won't bore you with the details... but as you know, I'm in the midst of somewhat significant technical difficulties. Long story short, this morning, several things went wrong and I got pretty frustrated. Finally, I realized, I need to step away from the computer, and I went to the gym for a break. When things really start to go wrong, sometimes our tendency is to think we need to hunker down and work at it even harder. But sometimes, we need to take a break, calm down, get some perspective, and then come back with some fresh energy to tackle the problems. So next time it gets all crazy and the intensity is building... remember to step away if you need to -- take a walk, call a friend, work out... whatever helps you move beyond that space of heightened stress. Of course, the computer or whatever the problem is, doesn't fix itself while you are away, but I believe that we can come back better able to solve the problems, from a more calm place.

Good luck with the work!
Harriet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
The Encouragement Lounge by Harriet L. Schwartz is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.