Monday, June 29, 2009

Reader Week 2009


Part 1: Make the most of waiting!

Welcome to Reader Week! Today's post is offered by Donna in Pittsburgh:

I hate waiting. So I always have my journal or a book with me because I never know when I might be waiting for someone or something. If I am waiting at the doctor's office or waiting for my car, I read or write. I started doing this at the hairdresser as well while I am waiting for the gray to bevcovered!!! I can only read so many fashion magazines!!!!! I have the ability to block out my surroundings, so that helps as well.


2 comments:

  1. Donna. . .Like you, I always have a book or a project with me just in case I have to wait. Last time I was at the dentist, he said to me, "I can always count on you to be reading something interesting. You are my patient who reads all the time!" Before his comment, I'd never thought about my "productive waiting" as unique. Doesn't everyone bring something to do when they go to the dentist's office? Remembering his comment and reading your post today encourages me to think about this practice as a proactive strategy (rather than as one of my strange peculiarities -- although I'm sure I do lots of things that appropriately fall into this category). Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always have a book and journal with me. My cousins call me the bookworm because of this. Not that I mind, of course. Sometimes I might have two books with me if I'm almost finished with one.

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
The Encouragement Lounge by Harriet L. Schwartz is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.